Are you ready to be Tucked in and Faded out?
Tuck In: The episode begins with my usual ear-to-ear guided relaxation to tuck you in and get you ready to Fade Out.
Fade Out: The episode continues with an ear-to-ear reading of the humorous poem, “Rip Van Winkle M.D.” by Oliver Wendell Holmes.
Looking for some cozy headphones for lying in bed? Go to SleepPhones.com and peek at all the soft headbands with flat speakers built into them (this is an affiliate link and helps to support the podcast, thank you).
Want to listen to over 200 more episodes? Support the podcast at https://www.patreon.com/sleepwhispers and you will get immediate access to lots of:
- Whisperpedia episodes: Learn about lucid dreaming, Bob Ross, History of YouTube, Sleep, Easter island, the hockey miracle, cashmere goats, Lochness monster, Klondike gold rush, miracle fruit, chinchillas, pyramids, black holes, Gilligan’s island tv show, computer keyboards, the deep sea, planets, outer space, burning man festival, melatonin, table etiquette, mythology, Gene Simmons from Kiss, dodo birds, Marco Polo, Komodo dragons, Buddhism, drums, dwarfs, black mirror tv show, roller coasters, salt, the diphtheria sled dog miracle, the failure of New Coke, protective armour, and more.
- Tuck In and Fade Out episodes: Relax to guided meditations, guided relaxations, guided imageries, lists of soothing words, poems, surveys, catalog browsings, and recipe readings.
- Story Time episodes: Enjoy curious stories by Frank L Baum, Hans Christian Andersen, and other authors.
- Trivia Time episodes: Listen to interesting questions and answers.
- Chat episodes: Hear me ramble about podcast updates and share listener feedback.
- Batch episodes: Enjoy samples of content from early episodes.
- Big Batch episodes: Enjoy about 2 hours of batched full episodes without any music, intro, or ads.
- Bonus episodes: Enjoy even more Whisperpedias, Stories, Chats, Fade Outs, Trivia, as well as, music, interviews, tapping, crinkling, drinking, chewing, outdoor recordings, simulated pilot voices, microphone testing, and other experimental recordings.
If you want to try falling asleep to Nature Sounds & Background Noises, then make a small pledge at https://www.patreon.com/sleepwithsilk for immediate access to:
- Soothing Nature Sounds (1 hour and 8 hour episodes): stream over rocks, cat cleaning itself, hiking a gravel trail, birds cawing, rain dripping and birds singing, ocean surf at jetty, small waterfall, birds at seashore, cat purring, trickling stream, ocean surf, hypnotic echoes of water drips, small pond at night, rain on an umbrella, backyard fire pit, Lake Ontario at night, birds in dense trees, stormy day at the beach, starry night with crickets, rain downpour with thunder, wind around house, birds on a windy beach, rushing stream, and howling wind with drizzling rain.
- Relaxing Background Noises (1 hour and 8 hour episodes): floor fan, ceiling fan, small fan, white noise, brown noise, industrial hum and white noise, industrial air conditioner, dehumidifier, blow dryer, electromagnetic pulses, voices outside a factory, construction site, jets over beach, cars on a brick road, and clanky train ride.
Things to do if you are still sleepless and staring at the ceiling:
- Write a Podcast Review.
- Take the Podcast Survey.
- Explore https://sleepwhispers.com/
- Submit a question or comment via the Hey Harris form.
- Peek at Photos & more at https://www.patreon.com/sleepwhispers/posts
Don’t want ear-to-ear audio? Here is how to force stereo audio to mono audio on your device.
- Apple devices: Settings > General > Accessibility > Mono Audio (toggle on).
- Android devices: Settings > Accessibility > (Hearing) > Mono Audio (toggle on)
- Still not sure how to do this? Search “how to turn on mono audio” for your specific device and your specific Operating System version.