A Whisperpedia reading about the dodo, an extinct bird from the island of Mauritius.
Here are some questions that will be addressed as I read to you about the dodo :
- What bird is the closest living relative to the dodo?
- How tall was the dodo?
- Was it really unable to fly?
- Was it really a fat and clumsy bird?
- What is the origin of the word “dodo”
- Why did humans hunt the dodo?
- When did the dodo become extinct?
- What factors contributed to their extinction?
- What famous children’s book features a dodo bird?
- Why are there some genes named after the dodo?
- And I will finish by reading a short poem about the dodo.
Sponsor for this episode: Gravity Blankets: https://gravityblankets.com/ (weighted blankets for sleep and stress reduction)
Click the links to:
- Subscribe on Apple/iTunes or Android/Google.
- Take the Podcast Survey.
- Write a Podcast Review.
- Visit my Shop to buy a soft-n-cozy Sleep Whispers T-Shirt.
- Visit Patreon for access to Old Episodes, Bonus Episodes, Videos, Photos.
Resource for this episode: Wikipedia article, “Dodo”